Thursday, October 19, 1995

Maybe there's going to be a lot of fog tonight...

Ok so I'm sitting here in Divination wondering what I'm supposed to be doing. The fires nice and warm but does Professor Trelawney really have to perfume it? My head is spinning!
We've been given a crystal ball each and told to
"Use our inner eye to see deep into the mysterious fathoms beyond... into...the FUTURE"
 but I can't see anything except a lot of swirling smokey stuff, I'm really rubbish at this. Except palm reading because my grandma used to teach me when I was little- she didn't know anything about magic though. Isn't it funny how muggles kind of get.. hints about us but think it's all made up.
Like when I was younger I used to read books about witches and wizards or kids who found out they were magic, there was even a tv show about a witch. Since coming to Hogwarts I wondered if any of them started off as truth, maybe those people really existed.
It's a funny thought, because it means maybe one day someone would write a story about people at Hogwarts!
Not me though, I'm not important enough, I'm just average.
But maybe Harry Potter, he's pretty remarkable with all the things he's done, Defeating you-know-who as a baby and all.

Seamus swears he's seen something in his crystal ball. He hasn't talked much today because he got offended when one of the third years kept pestering him for a pot of gold! That's another thing muggles know about, Leprechauns, but they're not real to them either.
Hang on a minute Seamus is shouting now. "It's a Ninja! I see a Ninja!"
Haha Dean just yelled out "You can't see Ninjas idiot!"
That's actually a good point. Oh here comes Professer bug-eyes, her jewels glittering in the firelight. SHe look impressed. "Ooooh interesting, you have shown possession of the sight, Seamus! What is this Ninja doing?"
Seamus is concentrating really hard now... "H-he's fighting.. something. I can't really see... hold on, it's a pirate, there's it's peg leg!"
A ravenclaw girl pipes up "There's no such thing as pirates OR ninjas!"
"There's no such thing as Witches and Wizards to muggles either!" Yells Harry. He makes a good point.
"Well this is the FUTURE isn't it Professor?" Asks Seamus "Maybe there will be like an epic battle."
The class burst into applause and laughter, we all know he made it up.
Didn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment